There is a very good reason I am spotlighting Wet n Wild’s MegaSlick Balm Stains and superbly put by Wet n Wild themselves: They are the perfect stick for your pout! Basically, it’s because they’re fantastic! I know they’ve been around a while now, and maybe I’m late to the party but I believe they needed a strong mention. The MegaSlick Balm Stains have great pigment, wonderful staying power and for an affordable price. I love the formula of this product and I have turned many, and when I say many, I mean MANY friends onto these treasures. I have had countless compliments on my lip colour and its staying power when I’m out and about, which to me, is a total thumbs up.
Before I get onto the colours I own, I have to tell you that these beauties have even made it across the pond to my home town in England, where all my female friends and family members have asked me to bring them home for them, every time I go back! I’ve picked up stacks of these and don’t regret a single second of it!
Here are some things I love about them:
- They are super hydrating (according to Wet n Wild‘s website they are enriched with acai and palm oil. Lovely.)
- Some of the brighter colours in the range have a great colour payoff and staying power
- You can apply them sheerly with one sweep over the lips or build the coverage up to a full out bold lip, which I love! Anyone who knows me knows I love a bold lip.
- It starts as a glossy finish with a balmy texture and when the shine wears off you’re left with a gorgeous tint on your lips, perfection!
- Easy to apply from their twist-up crayon packaging
- Fab for travel
- They are $2.99!
- RED-IOACTIVE – This is a bright, bold, cerise-y pink. Not for the faint hearted, it’s seriously pigmented as demonstrated in the above swatch. One of my faves.
- SEE IF I CARROT – Beautiful orange colour, applies quite sheerly and can definitely be built up to a fuller coverage but not as bold as some of the other colours in the range.
- NUDIST COLONY – Gorgeous pale nude, great for an understated lip paired with a smokey eye.
- LADY AND THE VAMP – This burgundy balm can be built up nicely, applies sheerly with one swipe, just enough for a day look if you’re not feeling too bold that day but want something darker, great for Fall.
- RICO MAUVE – This is quite a new one to me, but I’ve been loving it as a “my lips but better + gloss” type of shade… Great for everyday also.
- RED-DY OR NOT – This my friends, is the pièce de résistance of my collection. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this one, a bit much? Well you try it and tell me you didn’t fall in love too! It’s a red, as the name suggests. This is the one I have mostly gotten remarks on. The colour pay off is brilliant. This is already my second one and I’ve purchased others as gifts.
I strongly suggest you give them a try if you haven’t already. At that price, how could you not?!
- I double mine up as cheek tints in a pinch. If i’m out and I feel I need a little pick me up, I rub a bit of these on my cheeks and they serve perfectly as a cheek tint too. Bonus.
- I do use mine with lipliner as I feel it gives me a better finish and despite wet n wild’s claim of preventing feathering, I do notice the brighter colours feathering, a lip liner solves that problem in a jiff!